Saturday, September 8, 2012

How To Teach 2nd Graders Probability!

So, while working on probability homework and assignments I started thinking about how I wanted to teach my future students probability! It's kind of intimidating to think about though especially since it confuses me how am I suppose to teach this to someone?!

So, I did some searching on how to teach second graders and found this awesome blog! CLICK HERE!

In this blog the teacher describes some of the best ways to teach probability to second graders using skittles! Perfect!

This blog actually made me excited to teach my students about probability! Which was something I didn't think I would be saying anytime soon!

There's also a link for FREE worksheets to print out for the students!



6 comments:

  1. Ok, I LOVE your blog! It is so adorable! I especially love your ideas and explanations on your posts. I had some of the same difficulties with my homework and other things. I love this activity with the skittles though! Food is always a winner! Haha. It really makes the math come to life and more exciting for students, especially the ones that have a harder time with math. I can't wait to incorporate these ideas into my classroom. Great job on the blog! It's nice to see new ideas from other people! :)
    -Amber Nielson

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I great idea to look for ways to teach any topic, and post it in your blog. :) thanks, you really helped me !! Now I have more ideas to create my blog which has been kind of hard... thanks for sharing another blogs and providing a link with printable sheets, so we can use them in the future !!!

    MJ Espinoza

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all this blog is so cute! I think it is really helpful when I do my blog. Also it shows your interest on becoming a great 2nd grade teacher. The students at that age love using candy and stuff while learning. They get more excited and want to do it then!! :)

      Leena Raj

      Delete
  4. This blog is so adorable and really helped me get started on my own! I love the pictures that you included, it really gives a better sense of what we actually did that day in class. I think you're going to be an awesome teacher some day! Keep up the good work, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this blog specially this post that gives us an idea on how to teach the young children. Just like you I want to teach the younger ages because I think that we can influence them more and if we teach them well they will always remember us. I can imagine how kids will enjoy this activity.

    ReplyDelete